Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dec 29, 2011. Fall Colors in Winter Snow

Despite the snow and frozen water, a few trees still glow red with their late autumn leaves. This is one of those photos that is better appreciated large. I tried about 10 different crops but couldn't really seem to get what I wanted. Probably needed a different lens while taking the photo. Plus this is HDR, which I think ended a little overkill, but due to the flat lighting this photo would've otherwise turned out, well... flat. Though I managed the little waterfall to stand out more, it also made the trees stand out too much rendering them a bit distracting. Maybe I should try another edit of this photo.

Edit: Slightly adjusted the photo... it was bothering me.

1 comment:

  1. Very surreal, it's like a Narnia painting done by Ludwin while high on Raptor, lol. It may be flat but it feels like you can touch all the different parts of it.
    Not bad at all, but it makes for a good subject to go back and try other options. I like the rendering and the subject.

    ReplyDelete