Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jan 11, 2012. The Busy Sushi Master

 With 3 friends, we went to hit the nearby all-you-can-eat sushi bar. Men of large appetites, production had to speed up to keep us fed. I swear, at one point I took a break and it was as if the train of sushi plates suddenly became cluttered from more plates being placed than taken. This busy man sat before us pumping out sushi after sushi dish to quickly disappear at our table, and he didn't seem too kind either. We observed a sudden increase in the amount of wasabi put into the sushi, making them almost unbearable to eat (eyes watering and noses leaking) but it didn't stop us. I swear, though, I've been there twice before and they never added that much wasabi before; it really felt like it was intended for us. Nevertheless, I walked out of there having conquered 27 plates of rice balls topped with raw fish. A new personal record I will walk in there to surpass again!
Not a spectacular picture but crappy lens under crappy conditions only yielded me this, and I didn't want to spend TOO much time with the lens in front of the angry sushi man. He might have started making our sushi purely out of wasabi balls.

1 comment: