Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012. Overpriced Drinking

I was raised in a house where they taught me that if you can make it yourself, make it. If you can do it yourself, do it. Don't pay for other people and overpriced products. I lived in a house with a full-fledged kitchen, power tools, outdoors space, and didn't understand why some people paid for some things. A year ago I would've been outraged by the thought of someone paying 9$ for a drink, a not that special one for that matter. Why don't I just get my hands on the ingredients, call my friends and hang out at my place?
Now I'm a student on the other side of the world, and there are certainly things I lack that won't allow these experiences. I can't buy my own meat and have a steak BBQ on Saturday, I can't even make my own coffee now. Not even bring friends to my own place...
That's why I wen't to a bar and had a 9$ drink. That's why I pay for overpriced tacos and coffee, that's why I eat cookies out of packages again... I never realized how much luxury I really had until I was down paying for every little thing I did.
But I'm moving again, and though I won't have all, it'll still be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment