Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19, 2012. Think Outside the Lens

Well the sun wasn't low enough in the horizon for the photo I had in mind, but if I waited longer the sun would probably no longer shine on the bicycles. Thus I needed to come up with something different that would make the photo interesting.
I resorted to a special effect I saw online (for video) called lens whacking, where you remove the lens from your camera but still hold it in front of the body, and change the angle (like a tilt-shift lens, if you know what that is) which changes the plane of focus and makes some creative effects. It also allows light leaks which can look creative. I'm sure results are far superior and easier to control with a real tilt-shift lens but I think it still did the trick for me here.
I also miss my bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment