Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012. Everyday is New

Everyday is a new business popping up near you! It's like everybody in Seoul wants to own their own business because I don't think there's ever been a day I can go outside without spotting some little store working on its interior or hanging up a new sign. 90% of the time, though, they sell either women's clothing or coffee and it drives me nuts! But these little voyages do get even more ridiculous as you find businesses that sell purely socks, umbrellas or phone cases. There are soooooo many different phone cases here...
Unfortunately, you won't find any specialized superstores like in the US. There are electronics superstores, but the large space is divided between televisions, computers, vacuum cleaners and cameras, but none that will specialize in only one. That means there are no candy stores for me, as I can't find anywhere that will sell everything imaginable for cameras. Even the more specialized stores will usually give you only 1 or 2 options for different items.

Anyway I apologize for the disappearance this weekend as I moved again (and will do so 1 more time as I am in a temporary house) and had other things to do, so it wasn't until today that I was able to get all of my things plugged and working. I missed 3 photos which I will make up for this weekend, because our school is taking us (the foreigners) on a free trip so I'm hoping to get good shots!
Beyond that, this photo is a small milestone as it's number 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment