Thursday, September 13, 2012

September 13, 2012. Laserway

I was shooting for a more futuristic look, unlike other photos I have where I make Seoul look like a post-nuclear, decaying city... Well that only happens because I think old, run-down places make great subjects. I wanted to make colors and lights pop more, though I would've loved it if the lights inside the subway were brighter and poured out, but oh well...
Stuck again in my 6pm anti-creativity class, I needed to come up with a solution to the problem of lacking a photo today. I was a bit busy, and the weather was once again grim. At one point my mind just drifted away to potential photo opportunities I may run into on my way home. I haven't done night photography in a while, which appeared often in the first month of my blog, so the darkness didn't really present a threat to me this evening. Well this image of the last stop home came to mind, so instead of boarding at the very end of the train for my usual quick exit upon arrival, I went to the other end so I could capture people disembarking down this long, lit corridor. I was glad to get very close to what I had in mind.
It is inevitable that I have various subway photos here, since I ride it every day, but this is actually my first nighttime subway photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment