Saturday, September 22, 2012

September 21, 2012. You Can't Just Have Any Other Photo

Really, I just needed wanted a new profile picture for facebook. Of course I want to make myself look good, but it's also a chance to get some practice with lights and portraiture. It's incredibly hard to work without even a living room that could stand in as a studio, and not even having a stand for my flash I am pretty ill-equipped. Well those are just excuses, I had to pile things up to hold up my flash, use shirts as diffuser/reflectors, tape a bed sheet to the wall as a background, and hook my camera up to my computer so I can see what I'm doing, but it was all still possible. Yet the hardest part out of the whole process is the modeling. It is so easy to look awkward in-camera, trying a million different head-tilts, mouth shapes and eye expressions... I have to put up some outtakes so you can see what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment