Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 9, 2012. Cool Liquid Glass

I wanted to do more than a little photowalk today as it might be my last (mostly) free weekend before school really starts to kick in next week. Expecting to just check out a new part of town I called up my friend Dong who jokingly suggested we go hiking. Well I thought it was a splendid idea.
Though my original idea was to find a high place on Mt. Bukhan and catch the sunset, we didn't end up finding a good location due to the trees covering up the view, so on the way down I turned my attention elsewhere. Among ill-equipped, attempted macro photos, and tree-covered views of the city and mountains, we crossed this stream on the way back down which I didn't notice on the way up from having something else in mind. First shots weren't convincing so I crawled in closer and even had one of my tripod legs in the water. These extremely-clear water streams run all the way down the mountain and are incredibly tempting to dunk your head in. Such a refreshing experience.
Thank you to Dong for hiking out with me all afternoon and putting up with my frequent stops.
And for those of you who dabble in the techie stuff the metadata is: 18mm ISO 100 f/9.5 for 6 seconds. Filter: ND 8

1 comment: