Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 15, 2013. Wooden

I love the outdoors, I love hiking, I love strange plants and insects, clean air and wild animals. Yet I'm definitely a city person, too accustomed to modern luxuries like running water and electricity. Going to the other side of the world to Korea was a shocking realization to the radically different lifestyle people live over there, but then if I think about it, only a few kilometers away from where I live people also have radically different lives. I don't wake up at 4 am to take care of cows, milk them and make cheese. I don't do regular amounts of manual labor. I don't spend most of my time outside of four hard walls, or even away from a glowing screen.
There are so many people, far and near, who's lives I will probably never come near to understanding or relating to, and that intrigues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment