Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 10, 2013. Changing Skins

There is a ridiculous amount of cicadas buzzing in Korea right now, and while we humans are dying in this intense humid heat, insect life is flourishing. This shell left behind reminded me of a conversation I had with someone last night about people changing. He commented on how much the people he knew changed after they came to Korea, unfortunately it didn't seem like a good thing. I feel the situation is different on my side. My friends all changed a lot here, but a lot of that involved becoming more mature and responsible. Though my relationships with them haven't changed much (other than the frequency with which we see each other) everyone is a completely different person now. Life is more serious, and we had to leave behind that skin of careless teenagers that just want to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment